Dundee Economic Summit 2018
Delivering Regional Economic Growth
A ever-popular event in the business calendar, this year's summit will hear from senior business leaders and young entrepreneurs about the ambition and drive of business & our local economy.
Kicking off at 8.30am with registration, the outline programme is shown below:
- Introduction - Grant Ritchie, Principal, Dundee & Angus College
- Welcome - Cllr John Alexander, Leader of Dundee City Council
- Building a strong Tay Cities Regional Economy - Ellis Watson, Executive Chair, DC Thomson Publishing
- Celebrating the Year of the Young People - Cristiana Calixto, James Hutton Institute; Jenna McDonald, Jewellery Designer; Kirsten Stewart, Wedding Design Specialist & Graphic Designer,Rob Kent, Platinum Informatics Ltd
- Q&A Session
- City Development update - Mike Galloway, Executive Director, City Development, Dundee City Council
- Building V&A Dundee, story of the build – John Tavendale, Project Director, Turner & Townsend
- The perspectives of V&A London - Tim Reeve, Deputy Director & Chief Operating Officer, Victoria and Albert Museum
- Q&A Session
- Closing Remarks - David Martin, Chief Executive, Dundee City Council
The summit will consider how Dundee and the wider Tay Cities Regions are preparing to deliver prosperity and growth, and will hear about the plans being developed to raise productivity, grow the business base and create better employment opportunities for people of the Tay Cities.
The event will celebrate the forthcoming opening of V&A Dundee and consider how this and events like the Open Golf Championship at Carnoustie are raising the international profile of the region, attracting new visitors and providing a stimulus for further investment. 2018 is the Year of Young People and the summit will also consider the opportunities being realised by young entrepreneurs across a range of sectors region wide.
To view the full programme and register to attend the event, please click here.