Fife Science Festival 2017 - call for participants/helpers
Managed and delivered by Dundee Science Centre, last year’s Fife Science Festival reached 3683 people, 97% of which where local to Fife.
Continuing the work of Dundee Science Centre’s community engagement programme as well as previous festivals, Fife Science Festival 2017 will focus on providing free, accessible and engaging science-based events in order to reduce barriers to participation for local audiences. Our vision is a culture of curiosity, confidence and engagement with science, for the whole community. Therefore the festival aims to offer out fantastic learning opportunities for ‘hard-to-reach’ groups within the local areas of Fife.
The festival will be held in two areas and we are looking for organisations to be a part of the specified events:
Cowdenbeath (25th May – 28th May)
- A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 25th May)
- A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 26th May)
- A drop-in family event with activities showing careers that use science (Saturday 27th May)
- A drop-in family event with activities – any theme welcome (Sunday 28th May)
Glenrothes (1st June – 4th June)
- · A primary schools event – short taster workshops (Thursday 1st June)
- · A secondary schools event – emphasis on careers inspiration (Friday 2nd June)
- · A drop-in family event with activities showing careers that use science (Saturday 3rd June)
- A drop-in family event with activities – any theme welcome (Sunday 4th June)
Dundee Science Centre will also host a ‘Meet the Expert’ event in the centre on the 10th of June, themed around ‘People Who Help Us’ (such as Police Officers and Health Professionals) as the final festival event.
Please be advised that for the Primary and Secondary School days the festivals team will timetable in groups of 15-20 young people to attend 30 minute sessions throughout the day, with a particular focus on career’s inspiration for the Secondary School day. So if you wish to take part in these days we would be looking for activities to be delivered in this setting.
If you are interested and would like further information please feel free to contact me or send the following details of your activity proposal by 5pm on the 27th February.
- Name of individual/organisation
- Brief description of the activity
- Preferred date and location
Paul Strachan, Festivals and Community Engagement Officer. Dundee Science Centre
Tel: 01382 868606